Secret Service Has No Audio or Transcripts of Any Tapes Made in Trump White HousePosted: June 12, 2017
The agency’s response to a freedom of information request submitted by The Wall Street Journal doesn’t exclude the possibility that recordings could have been created by another entity.
In recent days, the two men have offered differing accounts of whether Mr. Trump asked Mr. Comey in private conversations within the White House complex to ease off the FBI’s probe of former national security adviser Mike Flynn.
On Friday, Mr. Trump kept the tapes mystery alive, telling reporters in the White House Rose Garden, “I’ll tell you about that maybe sometime in the very near future.” He added, “Oh, you’re going to be very disappointed when you hear the answer, don’t worry.”
White House aides have declined to answer questions about whether there are tapes, with press secretary Sean Spicer saying he was “not aware” and his deputy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, saying she didn’t know and then quipping she would “look under the couches” to check. At a cabinet meeting Monday, Mr. Trump didn’t respond to a shouted question from a reporter about whether there were tapes … (read more)
- Why FBI directors are forbidden from getting cozy with presidents (businessinsider.com)
- John F Kennedy and how the Democrats lost the Irish American vote (irishcentral.com)
- Report: Frontline in Talks with Gener8 as It Abandons DHT Pursuit (worldmaritimenews.com)
- How the Firing of the FBI Director Tests Conservatives (theatlantic.com)
- ‘The Simpsons’ hilariously shreds Trump and his team on Day 125 (mashable.com)
- Ritz Carlton penthouse to be auctioned off in Hong Kong (therealdeal.com)