Sacré Bleu! French TV5Monde Websites Hacked by Islamic State Supporters

173240121

“We are no longer able to broadcast any of our channels. Our websites and social media sites are no longer under our control and are all displaying claims of responsibility by Islamic State.”

Paris (AFP) – French television network TV5Monde on Wednesday evening said it had been hacked by individuals claiming to belong to the Islamic State group, hijacking its TV channels, websites and Facebook page.

“We are no longer able to broadcast any of our channels. Our websites and social media sites are no longer under our control and are all displaying claims of responsibility by Islamic State,” the broadcaster’s director general Yves Bigot told AFP. Read the rest of this entry »


Bardo Museum Attack: ISIS Claims Responsibility for ‘Killing and Wounding Dozens of Crusaders and Apostates’

isis-claims-credit-abcnews

 and  report: ISIS today claimed responsibility for the Wednesday massacre at the Bardo Museum in Tunisia that killed 22 people, many of them Western tourists, and the two attackers.

“The blessed immersing operation led to killing and wounding dozens of Crusaders and apostates, and the failed security forces did not dare to approach but after the two heroes ran out of ammunition.”

— From an audio message disseminated on twitter accounts associated with ISIS

In a 3 minute, 10 second audio message disseminated on twitter accounts associated with ISIS, the terror group said that the two dead gunmen, who it named Abu Zakaria al-Tunisi and Abu Anas al-Tunisi, “launched and were heavily equipped with machine guns and hand grenades to target Bardo Museum.”

_81750412_31d92031-0e9a-4769-a6ec-b339f704fb32

“The blessed immersing operation led to killing and wounding dozens of Crusaders and apostates,” the message said, “and the failed security forces did not dare to approach but after the two heroes ran out of ammunition.”

“Four of the arrests were directly related to the attack, and five others were made under strong suspicion of relation to the attack.”

— Aida Klibi, a spokeswoman for the Tunisian presidential office

ISIS also threatened more attacks to come, saying “what you have seen today is the first drop of the rain, Allah permitting. You will not enjoy security nor be pleased with peace while the Islamic State has men like these who do not sleep amidst grievances.”

The museum is a major attraction in Tunisia

The museum is a major attraction in Tunisia

The unverified claim, which is being analyzed by U.S. officials for authenticity, came after Tunisian authorities said they had arrested nine people in connection with the attack. Read the rest of this entry »


Tunis Museum Attack: Gunman Laabidi was Known to Security Services, says PM

_81750412_31d92031-0e9a-4769-a6ec-b339f704fb32

Speaking after the attack, Tunisia’s President Beji Caid Essebsi said the country was “in a war with terror”.

A gunman who carried out an attack that killed 17 tourists at Tunis’s Bardo museum was known to the authorities, Tunisia’s prime minister has said.

Habib Essi told RTL Radio that security services had flagged up one of the attackers, Yassine Laabidi, but were not aware of “anything specific”, or of any links to known militant groups.

“Tunisia has managed to avoid the larger wars which have hit other Arab states, but this attack…reveals its vulnerability.”

— The BBC’s James Reynolds

Two Tunisians, a police officer among them, also died in Wednesday’s attack.

Both gunmen were also killed. A search is on for suspects linked to them.

The museum is a major attraction in Tunisia

The museum is a major attraction in Tunisia

Two or three accomplices are still at large, an interior ministry spokesman told AFP news agency. The spokesman said both attackers were “probably” Tunisian. The second gunman has been named as Hatem Khachnaoui.

The tourists killed in the attack include visitors from Japan, Italy, Colombia, Australia, France, Poland and Spain, officials said.

“These monstrous minorities do not frighten us. We will resist them until the deepest end without mercy. Democracy will win and it will survive.”

— Tunisia’s President Beji Caid Essebsi

Officials say more than 40 people, including tourists and Tunisians, were injured.

Security forces stormed the museum on Wednesday afternoon
_81736226_tunisia_parliament_map624

Speaking after the attack, Tunisia’s President Beji Caid Essebsi said the country was “in a war with terror”.

“These monstrous minorities do not frighten us,” he said in remarks broadcast on national TV. “We will resist them until the deepest end without mercy. “Democracy will win and it will survive.”

At the time of the attack, deputies in the neighbouring parliamentary building were discussing anti-terrorism legislation.

Who were the victims?

According to Prime Minister Essid, 19 people were killed, although some of the countries involved have different totals:

  • Two Tunisians, including a police officer involved in the security operation
  • Five Japanese were killed, according to Mr Essid – although Japan says it has only confirmed the deaths of three citizens
  • Four Italians
  • Two Colombians
  • Two Spaniards
  • One national each from Australia, France and Poland
  • One victim who was not immediately identified

Parliament was evacuated, but later reconvened for an extraordinary session in the evening.

Sayida Ounissi, an MP, told BBC Radio Four’s Today programme that the security services had said parliament was the original target of the attack. Read the rest of this entry »