Posted: October 21, 2015 Filed under: Crime & Corruption, Law & Justice, Mediasphere, War Room, White House | Tags: 2012 Benghazi attack, Benghazi, Carol Costello, Central Intelligence Agency, J. Christopher Stevens, Republican Party (United States), The Pantsuit Report, Tyrone Woods, United States, United States Department of State, United States Navy SEALs
The mother of Sean Smith, one of the four Americans killed at the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya in 2012, exploded in response to a clip of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton‘s prior testimony on the matter.
CNN Newsroom host Carol Costello was taken aback when Patricia Smith revealed in conversation that she actually didn’t know much about what happened to her son — despite the fact that the Benghazi attack occurred three years ago.
Smith responded in kind, claiming that although Clinton promised to “get back to” her following her son’s funeral ceremony in Washington, D.C., no one had since contacted her on the matter.
Posted: July 30, 2015 Filed under: Crime & Corruption, Law & Justice, Politics, White House | Tags: 2012 Benghazi attack, Benghazi, Cheryl Mills, Federal Records, Freedom of Information Act (United States), Freedom of information laws by country, Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, J. Christopher Stevens, Judicial Watch, Libya, September 11 attacks, The Daily Beast, United States Department of State
“Even the least ambitious bureaucrat could do this.”
David Francis writes: So far, the State Department, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, has released just a small sampling of 55,000 pages of email from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s home internet server. The timing of the releases have been less than ideal: The first batch was released on the afternoon of May 22, the Friday before the long Memorial Day weekend. The second came late in the evening, on June 30, less than an ideal time for reporters to dig in to find a story.
According to U.S. District Judge Richard Leon, the pace of the releases, just like their timing, is also less than ideal.
“Now, any person should be able to review that in one day — one day,” the judge said at a Wednesday hearing, while reviewing an Associated Press request for the release of just over 60 emails. “Even the least ambitious bureaucrat could do this.”
New York Daily News
[Read the full text here, at ForeignPolicy.com, and more at the New York Daily News]
[Noah Rothman on the Media’s Favorite Framing Device: ‘Republican Reaction’ Stories]
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: March 27, 2015 Filed under: Breaking News, Mediasphere, Politics, White House | Tags: Ambassadors of the United States, Benghazi, Hillary Clinton, J. Christopher Stevens, Republican Party (United States), The New York Times, The Pantsuit Report, Trey Gowdy, United States Congress, United States Department of State
Hillary Clinton wiped “clean” the private server housing emails from her tenure as secretary of state, the chairman of the House committee investigating the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi said Friday.
Clinton was under a subpoena order from the Select Committee on Benghazi for all documents related to the 2012 attacks on the American compound there. But David Kendall, an attorney for Clinton, said the 900 pages of emails previously provided to the panel cover its request.
Kendall also informed the committee that Clinton’s emails from her time at the State Department have been permanently erased. Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: September 5, 2014 Filed under: Breaking News, Politics, War Room | Tags: Benghazi, Bret Baier, Central Intelligence Agency, CIA, Fox News Channel, Islamic Jihad, J. Christopher Stevens, Jihadists, Mitchell Zuckoff, Paronto, Terrorism, United States
A U.S. security team in Benghazi was held back from immediately responding to the attack on the American diplomatic mission on orders of the top CIA officer there, three of those involved told Fox News’ Bret Baier.
Their account gives a dramatic new turn to what the Obama administration and its allies would like to dismiss as an “old story” – the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
“I strongly believe if we’d left immediately, they’d still be alive today.”
Speaking out publicly for the first time, the three were security operators at the secret CIA annex in Benghazi – in effect, the first-responders to any attack on the diplomatic compound. Their first-hand account will be told in a Fox News special, airing Friday night at 10 p.m. (EDT).
“We were told to wait, stand– and stand down. We were delayed three times.”
Based on the new book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi” by Mitchell Zuckoff with the Annex Security Team, the special sets aside the political spin that has freighted the Benghazi issue for the last two years, presenting a vivid, compelling narrative of events from the perspective of the men who wore the “boots on the ground.”
The security contractors — Kris (“Tanto”) Paronto, Mark (“Oz”) Geist, and John (“Tig”) Tiegen — spoke exclusively, and at length, to Fox News about what they saw and did that night. Baier, Fox News’ Chief Political Anchor, asked them about one of the most controversial questions arising from the events in Benghazi: Was help delayed?
[“13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi” is available at Amazon.com]
Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.
“Five minutes, we’re ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we’re ready to go.” Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: June 17, 2014 Filed under: Breaking News, War Room | Tags: Abu Khattala, Ansar al-Sharia, Benghazi, J. Christopher Stevens, Karen Deyoung, Libya, Sept, September 11 attacks, United States, Washington Post
For The Washington Post, Karen Deyoung, Adam Goldman, AND Julie Tate report: U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assaults has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.
The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured Sunday near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation, and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya.Abu Khattala’s apprehension is a major victory for the Obama administration, which has been criticized for having failed so far to bring those responsible for the Benghazi attacks to justice.One jubilant official called Abu Khattala’s capture “a reminder that when the United States says it’s going to hold someone accountable and he will face justice, this is what we mean.”
An armed man waves his rifle as buildings and cars are engulfed in flames after being set on fire inside the US consulate compound in Benghazi late on Sept. 11, 2012. The alleged ringleader in the attack has been captured by involving Special Operations forces. (AFP/Getty Images)
Sept. 11, 2012 – A vehicle and the surrounding buildings burn after being set on fire inside the U.S. consulate compound in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2011. AFP/Getty Images
The Washington Post learned about the capture Monday but agreed to a request from the White House to delay publication of a story because of security concerns.
Last year, the U.S. Attorney in the District filed charges against Abu Khattala and at least a dozen others in connection with the Benghazi attacks. None besides Abu Khattala — who is expected to be arraigned in Washington — has been apprehended.
Officials, speaking on condition of anonymity about the still-secret operation, would not say where Abu Khattala was being held. They said he was “en route” to the United States but would not say when he was expected to arrive.
Several terrorist suspects abducted overseas have been held aboard U.S. naval ships at sea while being interrogated, after which they were turned over to FBI “clean teams” to question them for trial without endangering the admissibility of evidence.
The State Department designated Abu Khattala a terrorist in January, calling him a “senior leader” of the Benghazi branch of the militant organization Ansar al-Sharia, a group that arose after the 2011 fall of the Libyan regime of Moammar Gaddafi.
Ansar al-Sharia was also designated a terrorist organization and held specifically responsible for the Sept. 11, 2012, assault on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi that left U.S. Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens and State Department security official Sean Smith dead. Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 16, 2014 Filed under: Politics, War Room, White House | Tags: BarackObama, Benghazi, Greg Gutfeld, J. Christopher Stevens, Obama, Protein Data Bank, The Daily Brief, United States, Wednesday
Don’t miss this timeline from Government Accountability Institute. Seeing it displayed graphically, poster-sized, renews focus on one of the two most underreported, unanswered questions in the investigation. 1. Where was the president? The other question that’s been virtually ignored 2. Who pushed the video?
From Brietbart.com, Wynton Hall reports: The government watchdog group that revealed that President Barack Obama failed to attend over half of his daily intelligence briefings (known officially as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB) released a devastating Benghazi timeline Wednesday.
[Also see: Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets]
Release of the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) Benghazi timeline comes as a new Senate report published Wednesday concluded that “the attacks were preventable.”
It reveals Obama’s schedule in the week leading up to the terrorist attacks that claimed the lives of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.
As the GAI timeline reveals, Obama failed to attend his daily intelligence briefing for the five consecutive days leading up to the September 11, 2012 attack of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi…
Read the rest…
Posted: September 6, 2013 Filed under: Crime & Corruption, War Room | Tags: Benghazi, David Petraeus, Fred Burton, Guy Benson, J. Christopher Stevens
A new book contains additional confirmation of what we already know about the Obama administration’s response to the Benghazi attacks. Namely, that pretty much everyone up and down the chain of command understood the raid to be a terrorist attack almost immediately: Read the rest of this entry »