FBI Says San Bernardino Suspects Did Not Post Islamic Jihad Pledge on Social Media

FBI Director James Comey appeared to refute a report that said that Tashfeen Malik had pledged her support for Islamic jihad on Facebook messages and saying she hoped to join the fight one day.

At a press conference in New York on Wednesday, FBI Director James Comey said that no evidence had been found to indicate that the couple who massacred 14 people in San Bernardino, California, on December 2 were members of a terrorist cell or had any contact with overseas militant groups. Most notably, he said that Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his 29-year-old wife, Tashfeen Malik, had expressed support for “jihad and martyrdom” in private communications but never did so on social media.

JamesComey

“We have found no evidence of a posting on social media by either of them at that period of time or thereafter reflecting their commitment to jihad or to martyrdom. I’ve seen some reporting on that. That’s a garble. Alright?”

The statement appeared to contradict a report that appeared in the Los Angeles Times citing two unnamed federal law enforcement officials who said that Malik “sent at least two private messages on Facebook to a small group of Pakistani friends in 2012 and 2014, pledging her support for Islamic jihad and saying she hoped to join the fight one day.” The messages were reportedly written in Urudu, a common language in Pakistan. One of the officials was quoted as saying the messages were “her private communications.”

“The investigation continues, but we have not found that kind of thing. These communications are private, direct messages, not social media messages.”

— FBI Director James Comey

“We have found no evidence of a posting on social media by either of them at that period of time or thereafter reflecting their commitment to jihad or to martyrdom,” Comey said. “I’ve seen some reporting on that. That’s a garble. Alright? The investigation continues, but we have not found that kind of thing. These communications are private, direct messages, not social media messages.”

[Read the full story here, at VICE News]

It remains unclear whether Malik had declared loyalty to the Islamic State on Facebook on the morning that she and Farook killed 14 people who were attending an employee holiday party at a state-run facility for individuals with developmental disabilities.

A report first appeared on CNN and later circulated elsewhere citing unnamed US officials who said that Malik had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State using a Facebook account that was registered under a different name. The sources did not say how they knew for certain that Malik made the post. Read the rest of this entry »


ISIS Celebrates Los Angeles Bomb Scare With Wild Dancing, Goat Sex Party

 goat party

Within minutes of the news of the bomb scare in LA, ISIS supporters created a web forum titled ‘Panic in the American Los Angeles.’ 

 and  report: ISIS supporters took to social media to gloat about the disruption caused by “credible” bomb threats made against the Los Angeles school system on Tuesday. The threats closed more than 900 schools across the city, abruptly sending hundreds of thousands of students home and throwing the city into disarray.

gloats

“Allah Akbar, closure of all the school in Los Angeles because of threats. 640,000 returned to their homes, Oh God, increase their panic!!”

Within minutes of news of the closure, ISIS loyalists created a thread on an online forum with the title “Panic in the American Los Angeles,” Vocativ’s deep web analysis found. Islamic State adherents are using the thread to gloat about the panicked response—though none so far have taken credit for the attack.

“Thanks God, they are panicked of everything. The soldiers of the Caliphate will look after you until the world will be under the rule of Allah,” wrote one supporter. Another responded with, “Oh God, never make them safe. Put panic in their hearts.”

Another ISIS supporter took to Twitter to comment on the school closings in Los Angeles. “The city of Los Angeles is closing schools and vital areas because of the security threat. Oh God, destroy the worshipers of the cross,” the tweet, written by someone who identifies himself as Ali al-Baghdadi, reads. On another ISIS-friendly Twitter feed that is regarded as an unofficial arm of the ISIS propaganda machine, an ISIS supporter celebrated the fact that nearly 650,000 kids were sent home from school. Read the rest of this entry »


Former High School Teacher Michelle Yeh Accused of Having Sex with Underage Students, Taking One to Disneyland

M* 53234547MM012_Disneyland

Yeh was charged with four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16, two counts of oral copulation of a minor under 16, and two counts of lewd act on a child 15 years of age.

LOS ANGELES — A former San Pedro High School substitute teacher was charged Tuesday with sex crimes involving multiple underage male students, one of whom she allegedly took to Disneyland, KTLA reported. yeh

The news station said Michelle Yeh, 28, was set to be arraigned Wednesday in Long Beach, Calif., on multiple felony and misdemeanor charges.

Yeh became a “permanent substitute” teacher at the Los Angeles Unified School District campus in February, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Police said last month that she was a science teacher who had “arranged private meetings” with her students at the end of the school year.

She bought gifts for students while pursuing relationships with them, taking one alleged victim to Disneyland and meeting another at a hotel, the DA’s office said.

disney-fireworks

In connection with two male victims, Yeh was charged with four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16, two counts of oral copulation of a minor under 16, and two counts of lewd act on a child 15 years of age, the DA’s office said. Read the rest of this entry »


Robert Holguin Reports: 14 Suspects in Sexual Assault Investigation at Venice High School – 9 in Custody – 2 Victims are Sudents


EPIC FAIL: Los Angeles high schools now confiscate all free iPads they gave students

FE_DA_120802_ipad-high-school-student250x166Hilariously, officials at high schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District are now taking back a couple thousand iPads a week or so after giving them to students as part of a 47-school pilot program.

The mass repossession is the latest in a series of responses by school officials to the fact that hundreds of students figured out almost immediately how to hack the security settings on their iPads. Another 71 kids ostensibly lost their iPads just as immediately. 

Each iPad cost the school district $700. School district officials have said that the eventual goal is to supply every kid with one of the devices as part of a technology plan that will cost $1 billion.

As of Friday, students at Westchester High School and Roosevelt High School are now bereft of their iPads, reports the Los Angeles Times. At least most of them are now bereft, anyway. A Roosevelt teacher told the Times that about one-third of the devices still remain unaccounted for. Read the rest of this entry »