Error: Previous headline said “Elecocutes”. Should be “Electrify”. We apologize for any inconvenience.
UPDATE: ‘Honoring Obama with Torchlight Parade’ Headline an Error; Should Read ‘Iran Torches Effigy of President Obama’Posted: July 10, 2015
We apologize for the error.
It looks like The Hill made a headline error.
Here it is again, with the headline corrected.
Photo of the Day: President Obama Views Border Crisis From Window of Air Force One, Attends Fundraiser in TexasPosted: July 9, 2014
Obama calls on Dallas friends for Democratic fundraiser
Tickets for the dinner ranged from $10,000 to the maximum allowed, $32,400
…Aberly, the hostess, has been a top bundler for Obama, raising more than $1 million for his two White House runs. She also has given roughly $500,000 over the last decade to assorted Democratic causes, plus $100,000 last fall to Planned Parenthood.
Obama spoke in a grand two-story dining room at the Aberly-Lebowitz home, a 12,000-square-foot, northwest Dallas mansion that’s appraised on the tax rolls for $10.1 million. Read the rest of this entry »
After five State of the Union addresses, all Obama’s delivered is a series of broken promises on jobs, debt, health care, government and accountability.
What is the biggest disappointment in the current state of our union under Obama?
- Jobs: Under Obama, over 20 million Americans are still struggling to find work, despite billions of dollars in binge government spending and empty promises.
- Debt: Obama promised to tackle our debt and entitlement problems. But on his watch, the national debt has gone up $6.6 trillion, and Medicare and Social Security are still on a path to bankruptcy.
- Health Care: ObamaCare was the liberals’ dream solution to our health care problems. But since Obama took office, insurance costs for families have gone up by $3,671 and 5 million Americans have received cancellation notices for their health plans.
- Benghazi: Obama promised swift justice for the Benghazi attackers, but what we got was a political scandal. None of the Benghazi suspects have been brought to trial for their connection with the attack on our consulate and the murder of one of our Ambassadors.
- Government: Obama has let the federal government run wild: the IRS targeted conservative organizations, Obama’s agencies threw lavish taxpayer-funded parties, and lobbyists continue to pass through the revolving door at the Obama White House.
Breaking news on Benghazi: the CIA spokesman, presumably at the direction of CIA director David Petraeus, has put out this statement: “No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. ”
So who in the government did tell “anybody” not to help those in need? Someone decided not to send in military assets to help those Agency operators. Would the secretary of defense make such a decision on his own? No.It would have been a presidential decision. There was presumably a rationale for such a decision. What was it? When and why—and based on whose counsel obtained in what meetings or conversations—did President Obama decide against sending in military assets to help the Americans in need?