An explosion was reported on Thursday outside the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.
Bystanders shared video of the aftermath on social media, showing images of smoke unfurling in the street and what appeared to be police vehicles surrounding the building in the city’s Chaoyang District.
American and Chinese officials did not immediatly respond to comments on the incident.
The scene near the US Embassy in Beijing. pic.twitter.com/AbTc32f3cw
— Ahron Young (@AhronYoung) July 26, 2018
China and the U.S. are in the middle of a trade dispute … (more)
This is a developing story. Read the rest of this entry »
A masked gunman assassinated a Yemeni security official who worked for the U.S. Embassy in a drive-by shooting Thursday near his home in the capital, officials said, adding the assault bore the hallmarks of al-Qaidas Yemen branch.
The attack comes amid amid a sharp deterioration of security in Yemen and several other Muslim countries since the collapse of police states controlled by autocratic leaders during a wave of uprisings known as the Arab Spring…
- Al-Qaida beheads 3 Yemeni security agents linked to U.S. drone strikes (sgt-jim.blogspot.com)
- Yemeni protesters storm U.S. embassy in Sanaa: witnesses (news.yahoo.com)
- Angry Muslims Target US Embassies (foxnews.com)
- Protesters storm U.S. Embassy in Yemen (washingtontimes.com)
- U.S. Embassy in Yemen Stormed as Gunfire Heard in Vicinity (bloomberg.com)
- Yemenis shun call to protest deployment of U.S. Marines (dailystar.com.lb)